MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hi there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

We are thinking of converting vbulletin to mybb

Just testing this

Uh... okay, welcome aboard... I think
I'd love to know why after paying out so much for a forum software, they want to change to some other forum software!!?
(2010-08-08, 03:34 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to know why after paying out so much for a forum software, they want to change to some other forum software!!?

I'd prefer MyBB over vBulletin 4... anyday...
(2010-08-08, 03:34 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to know why after paying out so much for a forum software, they want to change to some other forum software!!?

You do know there are other reasons why you leave software other then preference?
(2010-08-08, 03:58 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]You do know there are other reasons why you leave software other then preference?

Of course I do, but it just seems odd that someone would fork out "x" amount of money for a forum software, then decide to change to a "freeware" forum software.

Obviously they haven't done enough research to find the right forum software to suit their needs, and obviously it has cost them big time in purchasing a "paid" forum software......such a waste of money!!!

vB4 = fail, and vB3 is becoming outdated and won't be updated for much longer.

They seem pretty good reasons to change software to me. Smile
(2010-08-08, 04:16 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-08, 03:58 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]You do know there are other reasons why you leave software other then preference?

Of course I do, but it just seems odd that someone would fork out "x" amount of money for a forum software, then decide to change to a "freeware" forum software.

Obviously they haven't done enough research to find the right forum software to suit their needs, and obviously it has cost them big time in purchasing a "paid" forum software......such a waste of money!!!

OR somebody purchased a license (lets say VB) when it was actually pretty decent and has now realized that this particular software is going down the drain and would like to save money this time around.
(2010-08-08, 04:16 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]

I still have access to a license* of which we spent likely oh.. 800ish on it? And its still valid. (For that cash it better be. >_> But we lost a user that translated and coded a lot for us, and we felt it'd be better, and cheaper, and with how much we've spent now, it is.

*Apparently we sold it.
Trashed Tested.
Pages: 1 2