MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A humble request to community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Update: Christian has promised to port his themes to myBB
Details here
Hi guys great work in MyBB. I just wanted to try MyBB looks pretty great out of the box. I've used phpBB and SMF before..

But the only downside is MyBB doesn't have great themes like phpBB has..

If somebody is willing to port some phpBB themes, I would like to suggest a few.

ABSOLUTION
[Image: absolution2.jpg]
DEMO
Quote:http://wp.christianbullock.com/absolution-phpbb3-style/
SUPERNOVA
[Image: supernova-screenshot.gif]
DEMO
Quote:http://wp.christianbullock.com/new-phpbb...supernova/

Anybody interested please stay in touch. I can find people to support you monetarily..
I used phpBB not too long ago, and yes, some themes are nice, but MyBB has some great ones as well.

I do agree Christian Bullock should port his themes to MyBB, but sadly he's already part of the phpBB team. Sad
hmm... agreed... the default theme of mybb is also not attractive !
most members go for the looks,having said that we can't ignore the fact that there are excellent themes for mybb as well .
MyBB has some pretty great themes, you just have to look for them =D

Also, PHPBB is terrible compared to MyBB.
(2010-08-08, 07:30 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB has some pretty great themes, you just have to look for them =D

Also, PHPBB is terrible compared to MyBB.

True, phpBB is beaten to a pulp by MyBB. Big Grin
I disagree with you. Mybb themes are far more professional than phpbb. :p For those who like an old ruggedy barely 2.0 theme. phpbb is for you. For those who want a definitely web 2.0 theme. Mybb is the place to run. Mybb has tons of themes for everyone. Look at the themes for mybb 1.4, there are thousands and certainly one to catch your eye. Mybb 1.6 just came out. Give it time and it will have those themes too. :p
You can't just port themes. You would need permission from the theme author.

And even if someone does port a theme, chances are they won't do it for free, just because you asked nicely.
Christian Bullock wouldn't give you permission to, considering he's part of phpBB staff. :/
It won't hurt if you ask. Wink Who knows? Maybe he will give permissions. Wink
Not really mybb has some great themes :p just a different genre Big Grin
Pages: 1 2