MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SMTP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do someone know any free SMTP server for my forum Toungue
or i saw some people that are using gmail. someone can tell me how to use gmail then Big Grin
If you're looking at other boards that send you activation email by gmail, it's most likely because they set the Admin email as a gmail, in the Admin CP, so when PHP sends the mail, it sends as though Gmail sent it.
ok thanks for you reply. But can you tell me or someone else tell me how to disable mail activation or mail notification plss Rolleyes
You can disable email activation by going to Admin CP->Settings->"User Registration and Profile Options"->"Registration Method" and set it to "Instant activation".

To stop mail notifications is trickier. The easiest thing to do is open newreply.php, newthread.php, sendthread.php and search for
mymail(
If you put "//" (without quotes) at the start of the line, that will stop any emails being sent out.

If you have some sort of program that can search in multiple files, then look for "mymail(" and you should spot about 15 locations it's used. You should comment them all out apart from the line that starts with "function mymail(".
decswxaqz Wrote:You can disable email activation by going to Admin CP->Settings->"User Registration and Profile Options"->"Registration Method" and set it to "Instant activation".

To stop mail notifications is trickier. The easiest thing to do is open newreply.php, newthread.php, sendthread.php and search for
mymail(
If you put "//" (without quotes) at the start of the line, that will stop any emails being sent out.

If you have some sort of program that can search in multiple files, then look for "mymail(" and you should spot about 15 locations it's used. You should comment them all out apart from the line that starts with "function mymail(".

Wouldn't it be easier just to open functions.php, and replace the existing mymail function with:

function mymail($var1="", $var2="", $var3="", $var4="")
{
return true;
}
<_< perhaps...... Wink