MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So where do you see yourself in five years?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
'Cause honestly had I been able to see the future I wouldn't have applied with my current employer.

And five years from now I see myself as either employed with a career as a pharmacist technician or pharmacist.

And yourself?
Something to do with Web Design I guess, even though that industry doesnt made diddily a$$ for an income.
Just finishing college with a degree in social working, and youth working.
(2010-08-08, 10:45 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Something to do with Web Design I guess, even though that industry doesnt made diddily a$$ for an income.

I always thought of web-design and development as something you needed to be passionate about doing.

I would do it for myself as a hobby, but other people tend to ask for the impossible and piss me off too much.

Example: This forum software is better, blah blah blah....Fighting over softwares. Or "How can I make HTML do {function HTML CAN'T DO}?
(2010-08-08, 10:45 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Something to do with Web Design I guess, even though that industry doesnt made diddily a$$ for an income.

Depends on your quality and target audience. If you only advertise on the MyBB Community, don't expect a sustainable business.
I see myself bumping this thread to say lol its been five years.
(2010-08-08, 11:10 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]

Depends on your quality and target audience. If you only advertise on the MyBB Community, don't expect a sustainable business.

+1. All of the web designers I know charge minimum $150 per site (3-5 pages) and can usually finish 2-3 requests per day depending on the complexity. If you design strictly custom forum themes then on average you'd make $10-$50 for a MyBB theme or $50-$300 for a vB theme.

Anyways...

In five years I would like to be running my own data center. My co-worker and I are in the planning stages now and we can build a decent data center in Tampa for around $5m, but we'll be starting small by leasing space in a building with on-net bandwidth readily available (Cogent is extremely cheap, but we're aiming for L3 because you get what you pay for Wink).
Providing 2012 doesn't happen, I'll most likely be in college. xD

@CAwesome: I could probably see me doing that too.
Hmm I'll be getting my bachelor degree in computer science?
(2010-08-09, 03:28 AM)Aincalandorn Wrote: [ -> ]Providing 2012 doesn't happen, I'll most likely be in college. xD

Good job, you most likley just [snowball]'ed this thread. lol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4