MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for a step in the right direction...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took Java class for about half a year, and now I'm trying to utilize PHP. I have this idea for a custom MyBB mod for my site.

It's a ladder. A user can request a "match" with another specific user or create an open challenge and specify the rank. In addition, the user must wager an amount of points. If a user was specified, he/she can accept/decline. Also, after a certain amount of days the request gets auto declined. If a user creates an open challenge, anyone in the specified rank can accept.

Once that happens, the two compete in the game and the winner reports his/her win. The loser reports his/her loss. If the loser does not, after a day or two it automatically counts as a loss. If both players submit win, then a moderator is automatically PM'd for further investigation. After a win/loss, the winner gains the points and the loser loses the amount of points.

The total amount of points can be shown in the postbit of the user.

What I'm looking for is a bit of a nudge in the right direction. For example, where is the variable $mybb defined? How do I make the page available to only members? Basically...where can I find the API?
This is a complex system you are looking at, and is probably out of you development comfort zone Smile

$mybb is defined via
$mybb = new mybb();

In init.php

In practises we don't have an API, just a set of useful functions .
Oh dear lord. So you're telling me I'd have to read through all the PHP files? >_>;
Not really, what is it you're looking for?