MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install page breaks on Database Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there everyone. i decided to get rid of my hosting services since i dont have much i want to be hosted at the moment, and decided to go simple. Currently i have mysql 5.1, PHP 5.3.3, and apache 2.2.16 installed. But i am having a very very weird error while installing mybb 1.6 for the first time

Everything works fine when i start out. go to htt://*my ip address*/install/ and it all works well until i get to the Database Configuration step. i get to the page. and type in my information currectly for mysql, (not mysqli) and hit next. the connection gets reset. it doesnt send my browser a page or i dont know what really happens.. it just breaks.

Before hitting next:
[attachment=19225]
After hitting next:
[attachment=19226]

any ideas of whats going on? may i not have configured php to work with mysql currectly? i only uncommented the line: extension=php_mysql.dll

and renamed "php.ini-recommended" to "php.ini"

and have my mysql database set to the currect table settings.

my system is: windows 7 64 bit, 8gb ddr2 ram, 1tb hdd, 3.3GHz phenom x4 proc.

Please guys, any responce is helpful. even if you dont know.
Have you tried refreshing? Usually Firefox gives this error out of nowhere and when you refresh, it'll load correctly. Just a guess.
(2010-08-09, 07:10 AM)Kazuto Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried refreshing? Usually Firefox gives this error out of nowhere and when you refresh, it'll load correctly. Just a guess.

i have tried this in firefox, google chrome, IE, and macthon2. the problem happens the same in all of them. and refreshing the page goes to the first page of the installation. very weird error.
can you access MySQL from the command line? build a PHP file that shows phpinfo() and see if its properly loaded MySQL.
(2010-08-09, 04:07 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]can you access MySQL from the command line? build a PHP file that shows phpinfo() and see if its properly loaded MySQL.

Yes i have access to mysql commands from command prompt. and it appears mysql is loaded.

http://24.8.197.116/info.php
The error you're getting suggests that the server is taking too long to process your request.
(2010-08-09, 04:57 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]The error you're getting suggests that the server is taking too long to process your request.

the interesting thing is that the no page error is nearly instantaneous, not 60 seconds or more. i get the connection error within 2 seconds of hitting next.