MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when viewing posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just upgraded from version 1.4.9 to 1.6 and there were no errors displayed during the upgrade.

Now when I go to view a post I get the following error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 107864694 bytes) in /hermes/bosweb/web007/b79/glo.chharrington/catholicadultfaith/MyBB/inc/class_parser.php on line 506

I get the same message when I create a new thread.

If I log out and back in, I see the subjects for the new test threads I did but get the above error message when I click on the subject to view the thread.

I ran all the tools under Recount & Rebuild, Cache Manager,and optimized all the databases.

Could this be a folder or file permission problem? If so, what should the permissions be for which folder and file?

The forum is at http://www.catholicadultfaith.com/MyBB/index.php .

Your memory limit is too low. Increase it.
Yes as said above you'll need to contact your host to increase your PHP Memory Limit..
Does 1.6 require a lot more memory? It was working fine under version 1.4.9. What value should the memory be at?
I wouldn't say a lot more memory but there are additional features requiring more ram also your site is constantly growing.

As to what to put it at I don't know Toungue. But, it looks like it tried to allocate about 103mb's.
(2010-08-09, 08:38 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]As to what to put it at I don't know Toungue. But, it looks like it tried to allocate about 103mb's.

No, it CAN allocate about 103MB, and needed/tried about 107MB. I think that's a little high, I run my forums with a whopping 64MB usually. Though my current setup for development of plugins and such has a 128MB limit. And I'm fine with that.
Thanks to all for your suggestions.

The problem turned out to be about 400 blank entries in the badwords table. I removed all the empty entries, rebuilt the cache and now it is working fine.

I just felt it was something other not having enough memory.
(2010-08-14, 06:11 PM)Dr._Zorro Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to all for your suggestions.

The problem turned out to be about 400 blank entries in the badwords table. I removed all the empty entries, rebuilt the cache and now it is working fine.

I just felt it was something other not having enough memory.

I'm glad you found it. As I said, I thought it was kinda a high usage.