MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make table names variables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to suggest that tables names are made into variables so that MyBB can be setup to use common user/PM/session/settings tables but have separate installations of MyBB.

If the default prefix_name is used, then existing plugins would still work.

However, I am pretty sure, if implemented, this would be 2.0 code and plugins need to be rewritten anyway.
I've never liked that type of setup but I see where it can be useful.

other than more overhead of variables in memory, what is not to like about it? It would be even simpler if they were declared as constants in init or config.
The main problem is that it's not designed to be shared. Expect some hiccups here and there (for example with user's post counts) if you do it anyway.
for count based fields it can be an issue, unless the recount/rebuild are designed to handle multiple forum installs. if there are hooks in that code, those can be used by a plugin to properly count stuff and then core files/functions are not impacted, but an admin can install and config a plugin that will handle the multiple install issue.