MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb on 000webhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello,
I think this question is not related to this forum,
I have installed mybb on my host on 000webhost, problem is now that I have uploaded the whole folder "Upload" in the directory "Forum",
Now when I write the URL of my forum then it shows this
http://fourm.chkstudents.tk/
Check by going my forum URL...
I want to move the files of "Upload" to the "Forum".
"Forum" is the parent of "upload",
I have read the instructions on mybb site but I cant understand.
At moving stage that asks for "Different target FTP server" whose port is 21, it also says that Leave empty if you want to copy the files to the same FTP server.
But when I leave it blank it gives me this error,
Quote:Warning: ftp_connect() [function.ftp-connect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/manager/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 242
An error has occured

Unable to connect to the second (target) FTP server on port 21.

Are you sure this is the address of the second (target) FTP server? This is often different from that of the HTTP (web) server. Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.

Please help me to move these files, I cant understand from the mybb site, please provide me with simple steps...!!
will be very thankful
That's nothing to do with us, that's the file manager you're using. We can't do anything about that. You don't need to do anything with another FTP server though, just move the files to the parent directory.
Thanks for your quick response..!!
I know dear, these guys are not replying to my post, So I think to post here...!!
please tell me the process if you know of 000webhost to move files..!!
the steps that are given in mybb that drag these files to parent, but it is not possible, I have to move these and then fill a short form, after submitting error is occured...!!
Go into the Upload folder, so it's listing admin, archive etc, select all the files and folders, and click the Move option. Set the path they need to be moved to and then you can apply that to all the files and folders, and then move them.
Okay im trying again, then i will reply, wait for min
your replying speed is amazing dear...!!
Now its again giving this error..!!
Quote:Warning: ftp_connect() [function.ftp-connect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/manager/public_html/includes/filesystem.inc.php on line 242
An error has occured

Unable to connect to the second (target) FTP server on port 21.

Are you sure this is the address of the second (target) FTP server? This is often different from that of the HTTP (web) server. Please contact your ISP helpdesk or system administrator for help.
I dont know why this error is occuringHuh
Do you have normal FTP login details to use with an FTP client?? PM the details you used to login to this to me.
I PM the info to you..!!
Im waiting for your reply..!!
Why are you using the worst free host in history? Get paid hosting so people know you are serious about your community.
Actually im new in all this and student of high school, I did not have much knowledge about web...
And the main thing that im making forum for my city which is not so moderated and 90% people didnot use internet..!!
So why I waste money at initial stages..!! When forum grows then I will get paid hosting..!!

But now can you help me in this matter, Mr. MattRogowski is not replying, dont know why..!!
I'm doing other things, I don't spend all my time here Smile

000webhsot has locked me out because I've logged in from a different country to you; an email's been sent to your account to unlock it. Afterwards you'll need to disable this feature in the 'Customer Details' section of the 000webhost members area when you log back in.
Pages: 1 2