MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WantToHire] Very experienced (php/mysql) developer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

Soon I will start a big project and I need a very experienced developer:

Requirements:
very experienced in php/mysql
clear code
at least basic experience with html/css
not required but javascript experience is good
can work on the project at least 1-2 hours daily
can show me past works
can code VERY secure script
must have knowledge about PayPal IPN

I'm not talking about a simple MyBB plug-in, I need a whole website script developed and integrated in MyBB. The developer will deal ONLY with the programming side of the project, the design will be done by a very good designer, Combus. You will need to work at least 2 weeks on the project.

If you meet the requirements, you're experienced enough and you have enough time to work on this contact me and send me some of your past works. More complex scripts done before will give you more chance.

After I receive enough PMs from many experienced developers I will select one and I will tell him more about this project. Sorry, I can't risk to tell anyone about this because this idea was never developed before and I don't want it to be copied before I launch the site.

Payment via PayPal, 50% of the sum will be paid after you finish at least 25% of the script and the rest when you finish the full script. The payment is not small, it is xxx$.

If you have any questions feel free to ask BUT please note that I'm not willing to give out information about the project, it is a complex one but for an experienced coder it should be very easy to do. I can code php too but I have decided to hire a coder because I want a very secure script.
I have time available to work 5 days a week, 2 hours a day, and I charge £15/hour for PHP/mySQL/XHTML programming. For your 2 week project that would be £150 ($238).

I am able to work to deadlines alone or as part of a team, and my strongest skills are PHP, mySQL and XHTML compliancy, however I am also familiar with JavaScript, AJAX and the jQuery library. My weakest skill is Flash.

If you are interested in hiring me for your project, or would like to discuss anything in further detail, please do not hesitate to drop me a PM, or send me an email - gamesmad at hotmail dot com.
If your dealing with IPN, might want to give Labrocca a shout since he has done one of the two IPN plugins. Ralgith coded the other, his is more complex, and i also recomend contacting.
(2010-08-10, 02:29 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]If your dealing with IPN, might want to give Labrocca a shout since he has done one of the two IPN plugins. Ralgith coded the other, his is more complex, and i also recomend contacting.

IPN is the easiest part. The hardest part is securely connecting and transferring data between multiple servers - note that only one has SSL, the rest do not.

I had to cancel this project due to not having time for this project (was the 5th new proposal in a week and I had to cancel it since I can't handle so many projects).

I hope you find a great developer and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Is it an option to encrypt the data and send it publicly?
(2010-08-10, 11:17 AM)gamesmad Wrote: [ -> ]Is it an option to encrypt the data and send it publicly?

No because the end server will need to decrypt it. An attacker can have access to an end server very easily (simply by applying to join the web masters group on ByteHunter's website) and create a script to decrypt the data.

Encrypting/Decrypting data will not solve your problems.
The only way to make it work is to make sure data transformed on the fly by an attacker does not affect the end server. It's hard but it's possible, just do not rely on that data and you're okay.
This thread can be closed now because I've found the coder. (exdiogene)

Thank you,
ByteHunter
(2010-08-10, 07:51 PM)ByteHunter Wrote: [ -> ]This thread can be closed now because I've found the coder. (exdiogene)

Thank you,
ByteHunter

A great choice indeed.
(2010-08-10, 11:26 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-10, 07:51 PM)ByteHunter Wrote: [ -> ]This thread can be closed now because I've found the coder. (exdiogene)

Thank you,
ByteHunter

A great choice indeed.

I always recommend him when I don't have time for certain projects Toungue