MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving from jcink to mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

Is there any way to convert a forum that's currently running with jcink into mybb? jcink lets you download the sql file of your database, so that part is not the problem. The problem is more converting IPB 1.3 final into mybb. I couldn't really find anything on the forums and all but I'm known to overlook the obvious Angel

Any help to get off jcink would be appreciated.
1.3 or 2.3?

The MyBB Merge System supports the following:
* Invision Power Board 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3
* MyBB 1.6 (Merge multiple copies of MyBB in to the one)
* phpBB 2
* phpBB 3
* SMF 1.1, 2.0
* PunBB 1.2
* vBulletin 3.6, 3.7, or 3.8
* XMB 1.9
(2010-08-10, 02:41 AM)Renita Wrote: [ -> ]converting IPB 1.3 final into mybb.

Sadly, I was already aware the merger doesn't support this version, which is why I posted here in the first place. I do hope anyone out there knows a trick for doing this.

I tried alternative routes... converting to SMF and punbb because both ARE supported by the merger, but both gave errors and didn't convert. So still back at square 1.
Ok, in that case... since you can download the database, why not do so and then upgrade it to a supported version of IPB and then merge into MyBB?
Because that would cost extra money. There may be a side route.

Such as converting to another board that is supported first.

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic...5&t=795115

That would put you into phpbb, idk how good it works though.

smf might have one too. Then convert it to mybb. It's a longer side route but it should work.
Here's another similar post.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic...0&t=891655
It's for invisionfree to phpbb....should also work for jcink. Once it's converted to phpbb, then use the merge system to convert to mybb.
^That one will not work. IF has modified ipb1.3 pretty heavily. Same with jcink. However I do think a smf member has a grabber for jcink.
(2010-08-10, 08:48 PM)NBKTwitch Wrote: [ -> ]^That one will not work. IF has modified ipb1.3 pretty heavily. Same with jcink. However I do think a smf member has a grabber for jcink.

Heavily enough to destroy the regular tables it needs to grab data from to convert? Files don't get converted. It's the database tables with posts and users etc. As long as the database has the fields the converter looks for it shouldn't be a problem.

Of course, if there is a grabber for jcink I would use that. It would definitely work the best. Wink
Unfortunately, nneonneo doesn't have a Jcink converter. Maybe you wanna give him a custom quote that'll take you from Jcink to phpBB 2 or 3 and then to MyBB (nneonneo's passwords do in fact convert).
We got it working... jcink DOES converge to punbb, we used the merger to convert from that to mybb. The only thing that didn't converge correct is forums and subforums, it shows all subforums on the main index, and all users are in the default usergroup... I can't imagine the chaos on a bigger board, but for us it's workable.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Edit: if any other admin are reading this and wanting to try this: I didn't have an admin account anymore after the converge, so prepare to manually change that in your database.
Pages: 1 2