MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Captcha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Recently my site has had an outbreak of spam, I'm suspecting (bots) have registered and they're all adding things to there signatures. I have captcha inplace, email verification and 1 IP per account, however they still get through. I then noticed that my captcha was quite an old style and I was going to change the captcha, but I forgot how. I looked all over the place. I just want to change the image verification.

Thank you, http://thediscussionzone.com
Try the StopForumSpam plugin from our database made by Tim B. There is hundreds of spam preventing plugins around, all over here Wink
(2010-08-10, 11:26 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Try the StopForumSpam plugin from our database made by Tim B. There is hundreds of spam preventing plugins around, all over here Wink

Has it been updated to 1.6?

Also, I installed reCaptcha. (Thanks to Polarbear's brilliant MSN support)
Doesn't say it was updated to 1.6 and the last date on the page is January 25th 2010.

The page is here...

http://mods.mybb.com/view/stopforumspam-com-for-mybb

There is a very great need to get this plugin going. I have seen over the last several months a dramatic rise in spamvertiser registrations even more with 1.6 now in place. Not sure why. I'll wait till they get it updated.
(2010-08-10, 12:41 PM)iGeorge Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-10, 11:26 AM)Conor Calby Wrote: [ -> ]Try the StopForumSpam plugin from our database made by Tim B. There is hundreds of spam preventing plugins around, all over here Wink
Has it been updated to 1.6?
No, but it works after version number fix.
(2010-08-10, 12:41 PM)iGeorge Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I installed reCaptcha. (Thanks to Polarbear's brilliant MSN support)
Can you tell more this plugin? Link?
What's the "version number fix"? Also in need of a captcha plugin.
there is a reCpatcha III plugin on the mods site. It works great, as long as you make the changes I posted in my review of it.