MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web-Patch.net - Webmaster Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[ FORUM OFFLINE ]

Read last post.
Thank you,
John.

One word to describe your site : awesome. Theme is great too. Registered already Smile

Regards
Praveer
(2010-08-10, 12:31 PM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]One word to describe your site : awesome. Theme is great too. Registered already Smile

Regards
Praveer

Thank you for registering! Smile
Do you have permission to convert the theme from vBulletin to mybb? Something tells me that the answer is "no" and you downloaded it from a warez site.
(2010-08-10, 04:03 PM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have permission to convert the theme from vBulletin to mybb? Something tells me that the answer is "no" and you downloaded it from a warez site.

Yes, I have permissions to convert it.
How I downloaded it from a warez site if it's the only one for MyBB?
I get the feeling it is a custom theme that has been approved for conversion to MyBB. Maybe include that in your copyright notice (vBulletin converted skin by CompleteVB) ?

Great site you have.
(2010-08-10, 04:27 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]I get the feeling it is a custom theme that has been approved for conversion to MyBB. Maybe include that in your copyright notice (vBulletin converted skin by CompleteVB) ?

Great site you have.

Hi. It's a pre-made theme by Completevb. I asked to the owner the permissions to convert it to other boards and He said it's not a problem. After you buy them you can convert it to other forum boards ( It's not the first theme I convert and I have experience in this ) if you keep the theme copyright.
There's already the original copyright but I added another notice:
(Converted to MyBB by John)

Thank you for your feedback, Gaara.
Nice site. I'm registering Big Grin
(2010-08-10, 04:04 PM)WPatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-10, 04:03 PM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have permission to convert the theme from vBulletin to mybb? Something tells me that the answer is "no" and you downloaded it from a warez site.

You can't really just say you have permission, who gave you the permission?
and a quick google search shows this is not the only one for MyBB. I don't mean to be a pain but pirating themes happens a lot and maybe someone should just crackdown on it.
(2010-08-11, 10:02 AM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-10, 04:04 PM)WPatch Wrote: [ -> ]

You can't really just say you have permission, who gave you the permission?
and a quick google search shows this is not the only one for MyBB. I don't mean to be a pain but pirating themes happens a lot and maybe someone should just crackdown on it.

I mean nobody converted this theme, only me.
It's not the first theme I use from CompleteVb and I asked the permission to the style owner(Matt) months ago.
I really don't understand why If I use a theme for another board I do illegal things.
I know, that happens but it doesn't mean that everyone do that.

Pages: 1 2 3 4