MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web-Patch.net - Webmaster Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-08-11, 10:08 AM)WPatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-11, 10:02 AM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-10, 04:04 PM)WPatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-10, 04:03 PM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have permission to convert the theme from vBulletin to mybb? Something tells me that the answer is "no" and you downloaded it from a warez site.

Yes, I have permissions to convert it.
How I downloaded it from a warez site if it's the only one for MyBB?

You can't really just say you have permission, who gave you the permission?
and a quick google search shows this is not the only one for MyBB. I don't mean to be a pain but pirating themes happens a lot and maybe someone should just crackdown on it.

I mean nobody converted this theme, only me.
It's not the first theme I use from CompleteVb and I asked the permission to the style owner(Matt) months ago.
I really don't understand why If I use a theme for another board I do illegal things.

I'm not saying you are doing anything illegal just making sure you aren't doing anything illegal(because chuck norris will come down on you like a sack of bricks)
(2010-08-11, 10:14 AM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-11, 10:08 AM)WPatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-11, 10:02 AM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-10, 04:04 PM)WPatch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-10, 04:03 PM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have permission to convert the theme from vBulletin to mybb? Something tells me that the answer is "no" and you downloaded it from a warez site.

Yes, I have permissions to convert it.
How I downloaded it from a warez site if it's the only one for MyBB?

You can't really just say you have permission, who gave you the permission?
and a quick google search shows this is not the only one for MyBB. I don't mean to be a pain but pirating themes happens a lot and maybe someone should just crackdown on it.

I mean nobody converted this theme, only me.
It's not the first theme I use from CompleteVb and I asked the permission to the style owner(Matt) months ago.
I really don't understand why If I use a theme for another board I do illegal things.

I'm not saying you are doing anything illegal just making sure you aren't doing anything illegal(because chuck norris will come down on you like a sack of bricks)

It's not a warez site. It's a webmaster forum.
And also that makes no sense because a robber will never tell you "Ohh, rhydian! I'm doing illegal things".

Note:
We have a new contest! You can win a free domain name!

More infos there: http://www.web-patch.net/thread-161-post-420.html
(2010-08-11, 10:19 AM)WPatch Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a warez site. It's a webmaster forum.
And also that makes no sense because a robber will never tell you "Ohh, rhydian! I'm doing illegal things".

Note:

I never said it was a warez site lol.
And I also never asked you to admit it just to provide some sort of proof that you do have permission to convert it and a name will do since I can always check myself with complete vb.
(2010-08-11, 10:34 AM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-11, 10:19 AM)WPatch Wrote: [ -> ]It's not a warez site. It's a webmaster forum.

Note:

I never said it was a warez site lol.
And I also never asked you to admit it just to provide some sort of proof that you do have permission to convert it and a name will do since I can always check myself with complete vb.

Ok, no problem Smile
:O the skin is gorgeous Smile
@rhydian - He said he had permission. If he didn't, let them find him themselves. It's none of your business.
/Offtopic

The theme is great. You certainly did a good job converting it. I might consider joining!
Good luck!
Thank you for your feedback! Smile
You should redo the theme and convert the 3.8 version and not the 4.0 one. 3.8 looks much better imho.
(2010-08-11, 06:25 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]@rhydian - He said he had permission. If he didn't, let them find him themselves. It's none of your business.
/Offtopic

The theme is great. You certainly did a good job converting it. I might consider joining!
Good luck!

And I suppose you think that way when someone gets raped in an alley or when you see an old lady getting mugged eh? What you gonna say now? "Thats different thats not online and online theft doesn't effect thousands every day"
(2010-08-11, 09:01 PM)rhydian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-11, 06:25 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]@rhydian - He said he had permission. If he didn't, let them find him themselves. It's none of your business.
/Offtopic

Good luck!

And I suppose you think that way when someone gets raped in an alley or when you see an old lady getting mugged eh? What you gonna say now? "Thats different thats not online and online theft doesn't effect thousands every day"

Actually, it is different since it's online. If someone is getting raped or an old lady is getting mugged, you can call 911 or do something yourself. You can't do anything online. If they don't have permission, you leave it to the author of the theme to deal with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4