MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update the rule box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone knows about the rule box feature in MyBB. It's being used in the support forums, such as the 1.6 section.

I propose adding a number of links in that box with links to the answers of common questions and answers that keep cropping up in the support forum because god knows how many threads are being created by people who don't search before posting.
You can stick the link in the New Thread subject box and people still won't find it.
There's a search feature here?
(2010-08-10, 11:00 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]There's a search feature here?

No, only the Ask now and demand feature
Did you see the link that says "Need help? Start here first."? Because it links to a wiki page specifically written to contain answers to just about every question people post on a day to day basis.

I am afraid not enough people read that though.... Maybe we should put that link in the rule box so we can use HTML and surround it in blink tags :p
I got a better idea.

In the newthread template add

IF YOU DON'T FREAKEN SEARCH, I'LL UPLOAD A TROJAN TO YOUR SITE. YEA, I BET YOU WANT TO SEARCH NOW EH!?!

Well... A better idea would be to edit newthread and put a searchbox. But i like mine better.
(2010-08-11, 01:44 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]I got a better idea.

In the newthread template add

IF YOU DON'T FREAKEN SEARCH, I'LL UPLOAD A TROJAN TO YOUR SITE. YEA, I BET YOU WANT TO SEARCH NOW EH!?!

Well... A better idea would be to edit newthread and put a searchbox. But i like mine better.

Thanks for the double lol. Big Grin
Yeah that other link should get more hits than it probably does. If we put links to things wherever we can though it'd probably catch at least a few people's eyes.
I agree with MattR Smile

If it's not possible to put links in the rulebox, how about making bold notices in the forum description, like:

Quote:Note: No support is given for plugins or those that don't meet the requirements for support here.

Or something like that.