MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change of Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Due to some misconfiguration on server i want to change server of the my website www.disqusin.com

I want new setup with latest release on new server but want to import my Categories, Forums, sub forums and current posts, threads, members data

etc..

so what type of backup i have to take up and how to upload above mentioned data in new server after fresh installation of mybb..
so that i need not to spend time again to create categories, forums, sub forums and posts etc..

Please give brief details
We can't help you change your server, why do you keep making these threads??
You need to contact your host.
my question is about backup if i change server and do new installation how i can retains the posts, member data and other things as it is with new installation..

Why would you need to install your forum ...
Just take a home dir backup and a db backup, then use the restore part of the backup screen to import your home dir and db backups.
actually at present where my site is hosted that server is not config correctly, but my another site www.akooby.com is hosted on best server so i need to transfer my site www.disqusin.com on that server. if they change my server then i need to install new setup again..

so if install new set up but at present all posts, and members , categories, forums and sub forums which created i don't want to waste my time to create again if possible if i take backup and upload again how i can do this?
Take a backup of your sql database on your old server. Upload the backup to the new server, so you have the same database. You can take a backup of the home directory as well or just upload a fresh copy of mybb with the old setup.
need more help from where i can take home directory backup and sql database backup and how to load on another server
Ask your host if your not sure. This forum is for MyBB support. Not hosting support.
i m asking mybb support i already asked host to change server then i will install new version on new server with old backup and i need help to install my bb on new server with old backup
You can backup everything from your cPanel, just search for the backup tool.

Or there's the Database Backup in the MyBB ACP and you can backup files using FTP.
Pages: 1 2