MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [WIP] Typographical - Free imageless wordpess theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wanted to make a simple, type based, imageless theme for Wordpress. So, I came up with this. It's very simple. But, I think it looks pretty nice. Let me know what you think.

This time I actually have a live demo of the HTML version of it. I always code the design to HTML before coding it to Wordpress or MyBB or whatever.

http://joshrdesigns.com/typographical
I Like it.

Maybe a border around the date?

And I know your going for imageless but a gradient on the menu would look nice Toungue
I'll see what a border around the date looks like.

And I will keep a gradient off the menu. It's imageless, and it looks fine as solid color.

EDIT: Added border around the date.
You can always use CSS3 for gradients. Will remain imageless. Toungue

Anyway, I love it. It's awesome as it is.
I also want it to stay multi-browser compatible. The solid color looks fine as it is either way.
Very nice and clean. I may end up using this as a template for my theme for our game blog. Does your license permit editing it?
Since it's free, it won't really matter to me.

I am working on coding it to Wordpress right now. I have a problem with the menu and it's really getting on my nerves... But, I'll get it hopefully.
Latest update. I am just about done coding the theme to Wordpress. Here is what it looks like so far.

[attachment=19265]
Needs padding on the left.
(2010-08-10, 04:43 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You can always use CSS3 for gradients. Will remain imageless. Toungue

Yes, but you have to remember that the browser still needs to render it.

Not only that, but CSS3 gradients aren't fully supported (last I checked).
(2010-08-11, 09:50 PM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-10, 04:43 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You can always use CSS3 for gradients. Will remain imageless. Toungue

Yes, but you have to remember that the browser still needs to render it.

Not only that, but CSS3 gradients aren't fully supported (last I checked).

Well, I am using CSS3 text shadows, which aren't supported in IE. But even still, I think the solid blue color looks fine.

(2010-08-11, 09:40 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Needs padding on the left.

Why?
Pages: 1 2 3