MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Short URL plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I plan to start a new forum hosted at a short domain. I'd like to make available the option for users to create their own short urls based on the domain of the forum.

Is there a similar plugin or kind developer with enough time to help make this possible?

The user should be able to manage his own short urls (add/rename/delete) and decide where they point. Ideally, would be nice to set by default each person to only be able to use 5 short urls per default.

Taking care of the mod rewrite or actual URL redirection is something that I could do by myself but I've never added a user option on myBB. If nobody is available but could point me to a nice example where the user management is similar to the one requested here then I'd probably be able to do it by myself.

Thank you.
I've created this plugin and decided to share it in case someone else needs a similar feature: http://community.mybb.com/thread-76106.html

Smile