MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will this work with 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I sure hope it does I have grown very dependent on this tutorial I got from here over a year ago:

ShowGuestsThreads

It is a tutorial I got off the web a while back from a closed forum.,, here is the code and I am keeping my fingers crossed it works...

On forumdisplay.php find:

Code:
if($fpermissions['canview'] != 1)
{
error_no_permission();
}

And change it to:

Code:
if($fpermissions['canview'] != 1 && $thread['tid'])
{
error_no_permission();
}

Thanks...
Do you what to block guests viewing threads ?
Well I guess so ..only certain areas will be opened to them. I hope this will work and not cause a problem but if it does I can revert the template huh..
Reverting the template will do nothing Wink it's tue actual code you're changing.

Also, what are you trying to achieve with $thread['tid'] ?
I thought twice about it and decided to use the tools that are in the admin.cp. when creating forums.
Doesn't MyBB's permissions system allow users to chose how can see a forum?
They can see the forum..and that is fine I want them to also see the forum and the threads but not be able to enter them . When I use the permissions... "can view " and then " can view threads within the forum..they have access to the entire forum which I do not want. I do not know how to set it up like this worked on mybb 1.4. I am going to try it to get what I want and then post it here.

UPDATE: It did just what I wanted to with that simple edit. I did not write that there was someone on here that did and I used it before.