MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deactivate spiders in Who's online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is possible to deactivate it?
:$
Yes, delete them from Spiders / Bots.

If you don't want them on your site at all, delete them from Spiders / Bots and block their IP.
Yeah the spiders in that list are pretty much only used on the WOL; if there's no name for them they'd just appear as guests.
Thanks Smile
(2010-08-11, 01:13 PM)N.Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want them on your site at all, delete them from Spiders / Bots and block their IP.
No no no no!
You do this, your site dies.
(2010-08-12, 06:58 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-11, 01:13 PM)N.Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't want them on your site at all, delete them from Spiders / Bots and block their IP.
No no no no!

No, some sites do not want to be in search engines.

I have a forum that is referal only, so you have to be invited to join. I have blocked search engines from indexing it.

(2010-08-12, 06:58 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]
No no no no!
If I delete it and NOT block the IP the site still be appearing in the Search engines... No?
Deleting it from the ACP will simply mean it won't show up as a search engine when it visits, nothing more.