MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Id like some feedback on the google SEO plugin , what are the advantages and disadvantages of using it ? Is it recommended that we use it and so on ...

The only disadvantage I could think of is the fact that you have to replace functions.php. But it's updated within the hour every time a new MyBB version is released, so you shouldn't have problems.

Other than that it's great, and improves your search engine ranking a lot. Highly recommend it.
Is it out for 1.6 yet?
Yes, the functions.php file for MyBB 1.6 is included in the main post. You shouldn't have any problems.
(2010-08-11, 10:03 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Is it out for 1.6 yet?

It's been out for 1.6 since before the 1.6 Beta. Wink
I use it and it helps a lot with SEO and ranking within Google etc. It also helps with threads getting good rankings on searches etc.

I am using it with MyBB 1.6 and it's great! Smile No problems at all Smile.
Wow, I'm going to install it now.
Yep it works great! Only problem for me is that I missed the fact that the updated functions was attached to the main post. Would be great if it could be included in the download... MIght save another noob like me a few hours of frustration. Not that I am complaining.... am hugely grateful for the wonderful work that went into creating it!
I would be good if it was, but it isn't. It is the way it is.
There is a functions.php included in the download on the mods site. I don't know if it works though because for some reason I found myself doing the code edits anyway Toungue.
Pages: 1 2