MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System 1.6 and SMF 1.1 attachments problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Yes, not problem form me Smile
My forum is full workable even i can wait without problem Wink
Edit: Ok, i've removed all unactivated user from my database (in localhost copy: from smf user setting) and if it can help you, this is the only difference between "banned" and standard user: http://a.imageshack.us/img823/4755/bannedt.png ( 11 is a banned user) Wink
Riedit: instead "unactivated" member have is_activated set to 0 (zero) Smile
Well, its a good thing you don't mind waiting. The $import_data to $insert_data isn't the only thing wrong with the attachments either. See the Bug Report that I had forgotten about, and the new one I just filed as a possible... I may be wrong on this last one. However you can work around it by using a relative path or URL. The other you can try to edit on your own, or you can wait.
@Dylan M.
I've see now your new trunk code but i've found a little inconsistence with size:

$message = preg_replace("#\[size=([0-9\+\-]+?)p[tx]\](.*?)\[/size\]#si", "[size=$1]$2[/size]", $message);

if i have in smf:
[size=10pt]test[/size]
i see now
[size=10]test[/size]
and in source is
<span style="font-size: 20pt;">test</span>

Another question:
In this _replace i've see this code blocks:
str_replace(array('(cut for best view)', '<!-- m', '<!-- s', '-->'), array('(cut for best view)', '', '', ''), $message);
But i dont have never found this code in my smf:
'<!-- m', '<!-- s', '-->'
Huh
The extra fields in str_replace are because I back-ported the expanded BB Code parser from the SMF 2.0 module that was reported working completely. Including the font changes. As I understood the font, pt as font POINT size, not PERCENT... so I guess I need to do some more thorough testing on this.
Ah, ok, is for smf2 Smile
For pt (Point) my mystake Sad
Any +-value still return 10pt (i've test with 10pt and i've thinked is ok / now i've cut precedent post) Blush
I'll still test it more to make sure it works 100%

I have one more attachments fix (I hope only 1 more Big Grin ) before I have you test the new trunk code to see if everything is kosher. I'll let you know soon.
I just tried the Rev 4363 attachment.php from the trunk.

The suggested absolute path (/var/www/...) from the converter didnt work at all, uploads and avatars was empty afterwards.

Then I tried it with an url to the smf1 attachment directory and achieved the transfer of some files, but not all of them.

for instance the file

442_AV_rw_001_jpg0d697556166f622f9657d8f30d69954c

did not get moved and I found corresponding error files

in uploads I have a file now which I think should be the jpg above, but instead has a text file post_0_1285056622_thumb.jpg_thumb with the following in it:

Quote:<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /forum2/attachments/442_ was not found on this server.</p>
</body></html>

as you can see the error talks about a file named "442_" which indeed isnt there at all.

the log file above the new mybb attachment says the following:

Quote:array (
'import_aid' => '416',
'pid' => '91344',
'posthash' => '59c8bf53cd277e5a2c704608f65c20d3',
'uid' => '0',
'filename' => 'Comments_Bellurdan.jpg',
'filetype' => '',
'filesize' => '2077',
'attachname' => 'post_0_1285056622.attach',
'downloads' => '27',
'dateuploaded' => '0',
'visible' => '1',
'thumbnail' => 'post_0_1285056622_thumb.jpg_thumb',
)array (
'import_aid' => '418',
'pid' => '',
'posthash' => 'b0a8d2a87272e2bbb30442eb99f7e9b9',
'uid' => '0',
'filename' => 'Arena_5v5.jpg',
'filetype' => '',
'filesize' => '60602',
'attachname' => 'post_0_1285056622.attach',
'downloads' => '0',
'dateuploaded' => '0',
'visible' => '1',
'thumbnail' => 'post_0_1285056622_thumb.jpg_thumb',
)

which looks like two different files both get the post_0_1285056622.attach name?

edit: Just checked the end result; from over 2100 attachments only 260 made it over.

I tried a different approach now.

first converting my smf1 db to phpbb3
then moving from there to mybb in the hope that the phpbb3->mybb is better.

well, it fixed some problems (i got more attechments now), but gave me new one (now the attachments dont match their original place), so its not a working workaround either.

Unfortunately the trunk code isn't ready just yet for general usage. Also you have to use the entire trunk code, not just one file from it.
ah well it was worth a try. You have another smf1 -> mybb tester now if you like though.

just to clarify:

what should we put in the box where it says to put in the url of the old smf attachment directory?

Because I get shown the absolute filename path and no url.

so should we put in there:

http://domain.com/oldboard/attachments

or keep it like

/var/www/oldboard/attachments

somone mentioned even trying a relative path, but I am having trouble finding the "relativness" so to speak, as in "relative from where".

Just removed all my thumbs from both filespace and db and trying again now (and disabled it in smf for now). From what you all wrote, at least that should work with the current merge built?

Use the domain path, not the server path.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7