MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Block VPN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i keep having this guy sign up on my site and spamming everything. i Blocked his ip and my site doesnt allow proxy's. But this guy is using a VPN. is there anyway to block VPN's from my site. I know there is a way because hackforums doesnt allow VPN's.
Blocking the IP is the only option really. Even if it is a VPN he will still have an IP....
You could use your hosting control panel to IP Deny his resolved IP address, which would then block all IP's that resolved IP has.
(2010-08-12, 03:18 AM)HstBooter Wrote: [ -> ]I know there is a way because hackforums doesnt allow VPN's.

That's server-side related, nothing to do with MyBB.

(2010-08-12, 07:45 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Blocking the IP is the only option really. Even if it is a VPN he will still have an IP....

Yea but every time he connects to the VPN it gives a new IP address.

(2010-08-12, 09:15 AM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]You could use your hosting control panel to IP Deny his resolved IP address, which would then block all IP's that resolved IP has.

Well i wanna figure this out so no one in the future could sign in or sign up on a VPN.
What are the IP addresses? If he is using a single VPN provider then it likely the IPs are in the same block. That way you can block that entire provider from accessing your site. This is especially useful blocking certain ISPs or even entire countries.