MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply & Quotes showing up blank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow, guess I am starting to sound like the village idiot with all these questions...

Anyhow, I seem to have a problem with how the forum quotes posts. In short, it doesn't seem to quote anything at all. It just turns out blank within the post box. I've tried reverting my templates but that doesn't seem to solve my problems, unless of course I've been doing that wrong as well.

One other quirk I noticed. Whenever a guest marks the forums as read, everything still appears as if the forum still has unread posts. Not sure if that's related or not, but it's worth a shot.

So thanks again for your help. I could not appreciate this forum enough.

Here are the test accounts:

Username: Admin
Password: IRRUWEOB

One last note, despite the username, that account has no administrative privileges at all. It was originally created as a placeholder.

Thanks again for looking. I hope it's yet another simple issue I overlooked while searching.

Jon
In your ACP can you run File Verification in Tools & Maintenance?
Sure. Results are located in the attachment.

Not sure how the files in the inc directory are modified since they haven't been touched.

Thanks again for your help.
The inc files were changed after the release in a small patch which wouldn't affect many users anyway.

After some further looking into the problem I suspect it is with the templates. Do the quotes work on your default theme?
Yeah, you've got outdated templates. If you've upgraded from 1.4 > 1.6 you've not reverted all your templates to default, or you're using a theme that's not compatible with 1.6.
Any way to start from scratch? Files I need to download?

Thanks again.
If you want to start from scratch then you just need to download the whole core package from the downloads page up top in the menu Smile
Oh, I meant with the theme and template. Anything I need to upload in particular? Settings?

Thanks!
You'll need to go through and revert the templates to default, or just import a theme made for 1.6 and use that.

ACP >Templates & STyle > Templates > Find Updated Templates to see what needs changing, click Options > Revert to Original or Options > Diff Report to see what custom edits you'll have to make again.
Okay, I've switched to a new theme and reverted all possible templates, but the error still remains.

Any more ideas?
Pages: 1 2