MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cannot use Unicode - SMF 2.0 RC1-1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After converting, all characters could not be read. I am converting a Vietnamese forums. All tables in both databases are utf-8 already.

Any advice please?
Thanks.
I had thought I answered this already, however since there are no posts I will now.

The RC1 version of SMF 2.0 is not supported by the Merge System due to changes in the database schema between RC1 and RC2. Apologies for that. It may work, but probably not correctly.

With that being said, it should not have affected the character encoding like you're saying either. Not if both forums are in utf-8. Did you choose utf as the character set of the old database when setting your database options? And have you verified that all tables in your database are in utf-8?
I just upgraded that forums to RC3. Is it supported by merge system, right? Haven't tried to convert yet, but yes, all tables are set in utf-8 already.
(2010-08-14, 12:16 AM)adv Wrote: [ -> ]I just upgraded that forums to RC3. Is it supported by merge system, right? Haven't tried to convert yet, but yes, all tables are set in utf-8 already.

Both RC2 and RC3 should work with the Merge System. Post again if you still have this problem. It shouldn't have been from the incorrect RC, however I'll be able to help better once we get you rolling.

Also, have you checked the issue tracker about the open Bugs with the SMF modules of the Merge System? I have only just been elevated to Developer as of yesterday, and my first tasks are to take care of these outstanding issues. I would suggest waiting to convert over until these issues are corrected and a bugfix version of the Merge System is pushed out as a download.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Also, if you're able to, I would appreciate if you'd use the current module and see if it still has the issue with character conversion. If so I'll look into it while I'm correcting the other bugs. Thanks.
I'm having the same issue, only with CJK support. All tables are in UTF8. Compare:
http://www.jnsforum.com/index.php/topic,...l#msg34041

http://test.jnsforum.com/showthread.php?...0#pid33300

FWIW, new posts to the MyBB forum with CJK characters render correctly.