MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for VPS Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

I own an online company that operates a couple of good sized websites and our shared hosting is just awful now. We really need to move to a VPS.

Can you guys recommend anything that's less than $30/month? We have anywhere between 40-60 GB of bandwidth a month. We have a vBulletin forum that usually has about 20-30 people total online at one time. We also have a fairly large Wordpress site with 400+ posts and lots of picture uploads.

If we can't get lower than $30/month, I'll be willing to splurge to get Media Temple for $40/month, since I have a coupon code that takes $10 off per month for the entire lifetime.

Thanks much!
Conor has a VPS from http://zfast.co.uk/vps which I have to admit is pretty awesome. They are fast and have MSN Support etc. They do US and UK Hosting...
I should probably note that I need it to be managed, as I don't have time nor the skill to configure Apache, PHP, or MySQL. I need either Plesk, cPanel, etc. to manage my server and sites. I'm a good web programmer, but I suck at administering servers.
In which case then I would recommend Media Temple Toungue
Do you really need a VPS for 40-60GB of bandwidth per month? I could offer you shared hosting that could easily deal with what you need.
We are in talks with other websites, so we might be growing from three websites to maybe four or five good sized sites. We'd like to plan ahead for the future so if the accelerator gets pressed all of a sudden, we're ready.
(2010-08-12, 03:52 PM)DougSD Wrote: [ -> ]We are in talks with other websites, so we might be growing from three websites to maybe four or five good sized sites. We'd like to plan ahead for the future so if the accelerator gets pressed all of a sudden, we're ready.

Alright, although I am confident I could host that and more (I run 800GB+/month bandwidth proxies on the same type of server, although you wouldn't get that specific server - same configs though).
Zash, send me a PM and we can discuss what you could offer us.
(2010-08-12, 06:28 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]http://fanaticalvps.com/

I love them.

I was actually looking at them when I wanted an unmetered VPS, but I can't see anywhere if they offer managed hosting, a control panel, etc.?? Where is all that info?
Pages: 1 2