MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Difference between SMF and MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well but currently i can make any customization with smf (you can see my forum) instead i've some difficulties with myBB (But I think is simply a practice problem) Wink
(2010-08-13, 08:29 PM)Dark-Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Well but currently i can make any customization with smf (you can see my forum) instead i've some difficulties with myBB (But I think is simply a practice problem) Wink

Exactly what it is Wink

I'll be honest, SMF's code sucks. Needing to access things directly from $_GET, $_POST, $_SESSION, etc... is lame Wink

MyBB's classes and Macros rock. I love $mybb and $db making everything so easy to do from a plugin standpoint.

For example, you use $mybb->input['field'] over $_GET['field'] and $_POST['field'] because $mybb->input is populated with either of those values depending on how the values have been sent to the page.
It's more than just the code for modifying it though. The rest of the code in smf is pretty bad too. :p Very messy indeed and it hasn't been stable for me for about 5-6 years.
Agreed Smile
Pages: 1 2