MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Deny site registration by email name
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not sure if this can be done currently by the registration process in 1.6. But one issue I have been having is certain domain names I would not like to have register at my forums. For example I get spammed a lot by people registering at @mastwallpapers.com and would like to ban @mastwallpapers.com from being able to register for an account. Is there a way to do this in 1.6 and if not would a plugin maybe be able to ban based on a domain such as [email protected] ? Just type in @mastwallpapers.com or perhaps @gmail.com etc and anyone that registers with that for an account is unable to?
In the Admin CP, under Configuration, there's a menu item called "Banning." In that screen there is a "Disallowed Email Addresses" tab that does what you want.
Okay so I could disallow say Gmail for anyone that registers with just @gmail.com and nobody with @Gmail.com would say be able to register then? See this shouldn't hurt current gmail.com for example, just prevent say new ones. What you described does that also ban or hurt currently registered users using gmail as an example of course.
I do not believe it changes anything about existing users, it simply prevents new users from using the addresses. I remember because I did something similar on one of my forums, though it was about a year ago so it might have changed in 1.6.
Okay, cause I may have existing users with the @emailaddress.com in their address and I did not want to ban them. Actually rather than a ban, what I am getting at is even prevent the emails with the @emailaddress.com from even being able to go through the registration process at all.