MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: If I change my name...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If I go ahead and change my name to:

Jordan B.

Will it make me cooler?

Seems like all the "cool-hip" people are doing this except for Mark.M who clearly messed up with the fullstop location. Smile
LOL. Yes it makes you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler. You will get laid by all the geeky MyBB fan girls.
It won't make you cooler but I do dig the use of the word "fullstop" instead of period.
(2010-08-13, 05:28 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]LOL. Yes it makes you waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler. You will get laid by all the geeky MyBB fan girls.

I lol'd

And to the OP: It makes you seem more professional IMO. Not cooler per se.. Just, more professional Smile
It's a nice convention because people can user your name when referring to you, you also have the first letter of your last name to differentiate you from other people of the same name, yet it doesn't give your last name so people can't stalk you on facebook Toungue

Having said that, my first choice of username was "Tim" but unfortunately it was taken.

Ps. It will make you MUCH cooler Toungue
Would people really care to know your name though?
Yes, I would. I would prefer it if everyone had their first name then initial of their second. It makes me somewhat more secure and makes the Internet more personal, as if we are writing memos to each other.

On all message boards so far I have always felt I have no idea how old the person is, or if they even exist. However having a real name instead of "Gigi45" (example) makes it seem like I'm addressing a real person, not just an alias

Wink
What about those of us who go by our usernames in real life but it's not our real name? I prefer to use my nickname so if people see me in real life they might recognize me. Wink
(2010-08-13, 03:42 AM)Sleepwalker Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like all the "cool-hip" people are doing this except for Mark.M who clearly messed up with the fullstop location. Smile

Quiet, fool! My thread god locked when I mentioned that :O
(2010-08-13, 09:43 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-13, 03:42 AM)Sleepwalker Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like all the "cool-hip" people are doing this except for Mark.M who clearly messed up with the fullstop location. Smile

Quiet, fool! My thread god locked when I mentioned that :O

Hey lady, don't be so jealous. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4