MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web based testing? Any ideas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, I'm server manager for Ragewars, a MMORPG game in co-operaiton with Mark.M and Marshton.

We are ready to roll out the Alpha, but want some Open Source web based software that will monitor every aspect of the server, like resource usage.

We will leave it running for a few days to idle. This will give us a benchmark, from there we can work out the amount of resources Ragewars is using.

Any ideas?

Im not just talking about bandwidth and CPU: more like CPU, processes, RAM, bandwidth, info on which processes are taking up which resources. So we can create a better Beta RW Smile

Thanks
Munin.

[/thread] Wink
(2010-08-13, 09:38 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Munin.

[/thread] Wink

I swear, if we ever get big and huge, i am hiring you as (crap i can't remember the name. But the guy we hire time to time for his opinion on stuff.)
Cacti
(2010-08-13, 05:00 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]

[/thread] Wink

I swear, if we ever get big and huge, i am hiring you as (crap i can't remember the name. But the guy we hire time to time for his opinion on stuff.)
Consultant. Toungue

(2010-08-13, 07:29 PM)mrl586 Wrote: [ -> ]Cacti
Cacti is a networking tool and doesn't track server hardware to my knowledge.

[/thread] Wink

Pfft, I'd hire him as a full blown Server Systems Admin.
(2010-08-13, 11:36 PM)Ryan Ashbrook Wrote: [ -> ]

[/thread] Wink

Pfft, I'd hire him as a full blown Server Systems Admin.

Sadly i don't have that much cash Toungue.
Well, if you ever get big and huge, you'll certainly have loads of cash. Adsense, donations, premium memberships (?)...
They are all options for the future. Premium memberships are difficult as really, we don't want to "under equip" normal players. Making premium members have advantages will make the game unbalanced. Wink
(2010-08-15, 09:39 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you ever get big and huge, you'll certainly have loads of cash. Adsense, donations, premium memberships (?)...

Premium isn't in our game plan until at least the second release. We are likely going to do PPI, or private ads, so they aren't as out of place and distracting. And not many gamers donate.
Pages: 1 2