MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Re-gaining acces to our forums or re-installing? Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
I'm completely new to creating forums, and thus using mmBB. My friend has a forum using mmBB and it was hacked and taken over yesterday (the guy knew the password). Basically now when we try to go to the admin CP it says this error "MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'ronaldo'@'97.74.215.95' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server "

I tried to go into the inc/config.php file and changing back the user/pass but after that when we tried to go to the admin CP it gave us that error. So, either I want to know if there is a way to fix this? Or...if not I was hoping someone could explain how to completely re-install mmBB 1.6 (we still have access to ftp). We don't need to upgrade since we're already using 1.6 right now, just completely re-install.
Thanks!
Installing MyBB anew wouldn't fix that problem. You need to check with your host about your SQL hostname, username and password.
We aren't M&Ms. Sad
(2010-08-13, 07:04 PM)winds Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,
I'm completely new to creating forums, and thus using mmBB. My friend has a forum using mmBB and it was hacked and taken over yesterday (the guy knew the password). Basically now when we try to go to the admin CP it says this error "MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'ronaldo'@'97.74.215.95' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server "

I tried to go into the inc/config.php file and changing back the user/pass but after that when we tried to go to the admin CP it gave us that error. So, either I want to know if there is a way to fix this? Or...if not I was hoping someone could explain how to completely re-install mmBB 1.6 (we still have access to ftp). We don't need to upgrade since we're already using 1.6 right now, just completely re-install.
Thanks!

You should change whateevr database detail you changed there, at the MySQL area as well in the Control Panel of your host. Because they should match.