MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-08-14, 03:07 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-13, 10:19 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Moderators don't actually have any power. The users inside of the group are meant to be assigned as a moderator to specific forums. It's just a title.

Yes they do, when you assign a moderator to a forum, they can close/delete/move threads and posts, as well as stick threads.
That's exactly what I said.

(2010-08-13, 10:42 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]By giving them access to Mod CP, they're basically Staff. I don't want to give them access to IPs.
No, you choose if they can view IPs when you assign them to forums.
(2010-08-14, 03:12 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-14, 03:07 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-13, 10:19 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Moderators don't actually have any power. The users inside of the group are meant to be assigned as a moderator to specific forums. It's just a title.

Yes they do, when you assign a moderator to a forum, they can close/delete/move threads and posts, as well as stick threads.
That's exactly what I said.

(2010-08-13, 10:42 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]By giving them access to Mod CP, they're basically Staff. I don't want to give them access to IPs.
No, you choose if they can view IPs when you assign them to forums.

So what do I do? If I keep them Moderators of that same section, it'll still say "Moderators" on the forum team.
Just make a group called "Support" and grant them access to the ModCP. Then choose what individual users can moderate what, or make them moderate everything by ticking "Group is global mod" or w/e it is.
(2010-08-14, 03:56 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Just make a group called "Support" and grant them access to the ModCP. Then choose what individual users can moderate what, or make them moderate everything by ticking "Group is global mod" or w/e it is.

See, but that's the problem. When I set them Moderators of a section, it changes their name back to Moderators on the Forum Team. I'm not asking for permissions, I'm asking how do I get the Forum Team to change to "Support" yet with me keeping them Moderators of their specific forum.
a screeny of your forum team...

ok. i tested it.

I would consider it as a bug. report it here: http://community.mybb.com/forum-126.html
(2010-08-14, 04:09 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-14, 03:56 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Just make a group called "Support" and grant them access to the ModCP. Then choose what individual users can moderate what, or make them moderate everything by ticking "Group is global mod" or w/e it is.

See, but that's the problem. When I set them Moderators of a section, it changes their name back to Moderators on the Forum Team. I'm not asking for permissions, I'm asking how do I get the Forum Team to change to "Support" yet with me keeping them Moderators of their specific forum.

I see what you mean, I tried it on my test forum.

Create a new group. Make the groups name Support. Copy the permissions from the original moderator group on creation.

Move your moderators from the other group to that group.

Now it will show them under both "Support" and "Moderators".

To fix that go to the original moderators group and uncheck "Yes, show this group on the 'forum team' page"

That will do what you want.

Regards,
Jammerx2
(2010-08-14, 05:02 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Create a new group. Make the groups name Support. Copy the permissions from the original moderator group on creation.

To fix that go to the original moderators group and uncheck "Yes, show this group on the 'forum team' page"

Regards,
Jammerx2

Awesome, I did that, and I set their main usergroup to "Support", and the Moderator group to a secondary group. Do they still have Mod powers even if it's not their primary group?
(2010-08-14, 05:45 AM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-14, 05:02 AM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]

Regards,
Jammerx2

Awesome, I did that, and I set their main usergroup to "Support", and the Moderator group to a secondary group. Do they still have Mod powers even if it's not their primary group?

They don't have to be in the group, they just have to be assigned as a moderator.

Regards,
Jammerx2
Thanks so much, lifesaver.
Pages: 1 2