MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
On my forum team page, I changed my Moderators names to "Support", although I still want to give them power, I let them Moderate sections.

Is there a way I can edit a core file so that instead of "Moderators", it can say "Support" on the forum team?
(2010-08-13, 08:04 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]On my forum team page, I changed my Moderators names to "Support", although I still want to give them power, I let them Moderate sections.

Is there a way I can edit a core file so that instead of "Moderators", it can say "Support" on the forum team?

I'm pretty sure just renaming the actual group will solve your problems.
Make sure to check that the group is shown on the forum team page.
(2010-08-13, 08:14 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-13, 08:04 PM)The Elite Wrote: [ -> ]On my forum team page, I changed my Moderators names to "Support", although I still want to give them power, I let them Moderate sections.

I'm pretty sure just renaming the actual group will solve your problems.

If you had read, I already said that that doesn't work.

(2010-08-13, 08:45 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure to check that the group is shown on the forum team page.

The "Support" team is already shown on the forum team page, but it's under Moderators.
Then just create another group called support, with the same settings, and move them to it. As long as noone is in the moderators group noone can tell the difference.
(2010-08-13, 08:58 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Then just create another group called support, with the same settings, and move them to it. As long as noone is in the moderators group noone can tell the difference.

Yeah but the thing is, If I call them Support and create a new user group, how do I give them the rights of Moderators (NOT SUPER MODERATORS)?
Moderators don't actually have any power. The users inside of the group are meant to be assigned as a moderator to specific forums. It's just a title.
Make sure you give them modcp access. Other than that, moderators have no actual power. You have to assign them to a forum separately in order for them to have power.
Thanks for repeating exactly what I just said.
(2010-08-13, 10:19 PM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]Moderators don't actually have any power. The users inside of the group are meant to be assigned as a moderator to specific forums. It's just a title.

Yes they do, when you assign a moderator to a forum, they can close/delete/move threads and posts, as well as stick threads.

(2010-08-13, 10:42 PM)Jammerx2 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you give them modcp access. Other than that, moderators have no actual power. You have to assign them to a forum separately in order for them to have power.

By giving them access to Mod CP, they're basically Staff. I don't want to give them access to IPs.
Pages: 1 2