MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: lost password error message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
a user has mentioned that the lost password isn't working correctly so I tried it myself..it does work, but it's showing a message as if it didn't work.

what needs to be done to fix this (see attachment)
[attachment=19327]

it says the password is wrong, but yet I'm logged in.

this also happens after someone registers a new account.
It wouldn't actually log you in at this stage because you enter the code and then it sends you the actual password. If you get that when you register too you must have some non-default code somewhere, what plugins do you have??
(2010-08-13, 08:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It wouldn't actually log you in at this stage because you enter the code and then it sends you the actual password. If you get that when you register too you must have some non-default code somewhere, what plugins do you have??

Matt,

this is after I registered, activated my account, logged in and logged out and then requested a new password...I then try to log in with my username and the password mybb sends to me and that's the error it shows me, but it also shows I'm logged in.

I've got a fair amount of plugins installed. I'll PM you an admin account for my forum if you wouldn't mind looking.

Matt,

any luck with this?
That error message is coming from the google seo plugin , try deactivating that to see it it solves your problem.
(2010-08-15, 07:36 PM)Janota Wrote: [ -> ]That error message is coming from the google seo plugin , try deactivating that to see it it solves your problem.

nope, it doesn't.

I even tried this on a test forum with the google seo on and off and it worked just fined..no errors or anything.

someone else on my forum is causing this..HMMM