MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error with Xampp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

i have moved my forum to xampp -latest- on win 7, the problem is, forum descriptions doesn't show up, and i have to sign in every time i click anything in admin cp-which works fine otherwise-, i sign in successfully in index then redirected then not signed in Angel

i have reuploaded all inc/english files repeatedly, and cookie settings are correct -worked before on older settings-

any help? Smile
I think that you must eat your browser cookies Wink
What are your cookies set to??
cleared cache and cookies, no help

settings
['cookiedomain'] = ".localhost";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/"
The cookie domain should be blank like it is when you're installing.
ah now i notice no matter how i change the inc/setting file, it isn't reflected in the database, i try changing it in acp, can't since it asks for username and pass every time i click anything, so it doesn't save...

ok, i changed in phpmyadmin, changed, but still asks for login data after each click in acp
and descriptions of forums doesn't show up

thanks for the help MattRogowski Smile
Read the sticky thread at the top of this forum. You need to edit it in settings.php, clear your browser cookies, then do it in the ACP; you'll be able to login once settings.php is correct and you've cleared your browser cookies. Changing it in the database will do nothing.
worked Big Grin

thank you so much Big Grin

thaaankkk yoooouuu Big Grin