MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to delete my forum,i paid attention to the forum installation wiki,
I settled it in mybb directory,is this a way that i can transfer it to root directory,or not tell me how to delete it!
You can transfer your forum from mybb directory to root directory using following command.
mv mybb/* . # Run this command in root directory
(08-14-2010, 08:34 AM)mrl586 Wrote: [ -> ]You can transfer your forum from mybb directory to root directory using following command.

I am using file zilla,how to do this?
And what it will do?Will it affect my chmod settings and my forums?What about them?They will be safe?
PLease everyone,help me in my query,please
(08-14-2010, 08:37 AM)Sahil_kr Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2010, 08:34 AM)mrl586 Wrote: [ -> ]You can transfer your forum from mybb directory to root directory using following command.

I am using file zilla,how to do this?
And what it will do?Will it affect my chmod settings and my forums?What about them?They will be safe?
PLease everyone,help me in my query,please

filezilla is just an ftp client right?
Copy/cut the files, and paste into the root directory. simple.

then open up inc/settings.php and change the url and file paths.
then login to admin cp and fix the server and urls there as well.

Should keep all the chmod and everything intact. it just movies the files and folders.

if you want to delete my bb. just select the folder, and hit delete.
then delete the mysql database.

simple stuff. or maybe im not understanding what you mean.
If you want to delete anything related to MyBB, just empty the database by deleting it and removing all of the MyBB files.
If that was a fresh new forum, then it would be better to reinstall it in the root rather than trasnferring the forum files. You won''t need to delete or empty the database because when you will run the installer it will do that automatically.