MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Posts/No new Posts Icons.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm rather new to MyBB, so sorry if this is obvious.

I'm having a hard time looking around the admin panel trying to find how to change the icons which show on the left of the forum, such as "New Posts" or "No New Posts". The image doesn't work, and it comes up in text instead, which I want to change with an image.

Thank you for your time.
Upload on.gif, off.gif and offlock.gif images to your themes image folder. Smile
Always right click an image and look at the the image location , that way you can see the location and easily find it to replace it with the new image.
(2010-08-14, 10:29 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Upload on.gif, off.gif and offlock.gif images to your themes image folder. Smile

The icons need not necessarily be in. Gif. He can edit the templates forumbit_depth2_forum and change the second line. Gif to. Png or other format image. Wink
(2010-08-15, 12:00 PM)Mercury Wrote: [ -> ]The icons need not necessarily be in. Gif. He can edit the templates forumbit_depth2_forum and change the second line. Gif to. Png or other format image. Wink

And then the "Click to mark this forum as read" function wouldn't work. Wink

If you want to use PNG files you also need to edit ./jscripts/general.js as well as forumbit_depth2_forum, forumbit_depth2_cat and index templates.
Truth. (: But if he has access to the server is easy.

Already, the lines are / jscripts / general.js are these (line 32 and 298);

Regards.