MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wrong New Post Indecators
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi! I upgraded my forum to 1.6. I recently have a problem which is "Wrong New Post Indicators".

I mean, a forum that has no new posts, showed in the index page with "New Post Image", and when open the forum its return as normal (no new posts image)... what is the problem?

Thank's
If you mark them as read, do they work from then on?? The same thing happened here when we upgraded, everything said it was unread, don't know why but once we marked everything as read it was OK.
in the first days it was working ok. All forums are marked as read. But, just from yesterday I faced this problem. anyway, I just marked every forum as read (they are already), and I will see if the problem come back or not.

Thank's alot for fast reply.

Edited: is that mean, all of the members should click on the "Marked All Forums Read" link or they will faced the same problem?! is there any other way? because not all of them will be aware about this solution.
I'm having the same(recurring) issue. Even after a Mark-All-Forums-Read the issue returns, seemingly at random. (random times, random forums)

I guess I messed something up in the upgrade or the issue would be more widespread, but whatever it is I haven't been able to put my finger on it yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated! =)
It also get this issue. It seems random to me.
Never had this problem on my forums. What plugins are you actually using??
I also got this issue on my board. Today most forums were unread (yesterday it works fine). It seems that the entries in table forumsread were lost... Huh
After reading a "unreaded" forum (no new post inside!) the entry of this forum was created in table forumsread and the forum is now read (gray symbol) again.

But why was this happen today??
Might be because of this setting; Read Threads in Database (Days)

After so many days (by default it is 7) it deletes the info. Then it just available through a cookie. I may be wrong though. That's what I gather from the setting description Toungue
this sounds like what is going on with my forum as well.
take a look at this.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75239-p...#pid549642

if yoru forum is doing this its been reported as a bug in mybb
It happened again... Its really Annoying... What is the solution now?!

Thank's in advance
Pages: 1 2