MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "IP Address: Logged" bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When you click on the "IP Address: Logged" link it shows the Username as the person whos viewing it when it should be the ip of the user
It's the moderator's username -- same as when you edit someone else's post.
But why does it show the ip address of the poster, but the username of the viewer?
Because similar functionality is provided throughout the rest of the moderation tools and posting pages.
Then can we have another row explaining who the user of the ip is?
Agreed with Tikitiki. I'm not too sure why I would want to see my own name there, as well.
Ok, so this isn't a bug, but a suggestion. Moving it to the suggestions forum.
Sorry to be a thread "gravedigger" but has adding a new row on this page been considered any further?
It didn't make it into MyBB 1.4, although there are now additional options allowing moderators to search for users registered with the IP address, or other messages posted from that IP address.
I would hope that row would be changed anyway. I've never understood why MyBB developers felt that I would need to know that I'm logged in as me, as if I didn't know that to begin with, lol. Maybe someone could explain why it's done that way, cuz it just doesn't make sense to me.
Pages: 1 2