MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Follow up on missing table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, the last thread got closed because I obviously didn't listen to the staff. Toungue

However, after I found out I was pretty screwed a member PMd me and said it might be possible to use the merge system, merge my 1.6 with 1.4 then re-upgrade. Just wondering if this might work.

Old thread:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-75395.html
You don't want to try that either. It isn't supported.
Your best bet is to try running the upgrade script as Matt said.
But it's not an upgrade, so is that a possibility?
You can "try" it. Back up your database first.

If it doesn't work, revert to your backup and try to manually add the column to the table and anything else you may have to add manually.
Well, I don't boast to know much about programming at all, so I hope you'll understand I know next to nothing about SQL when I say I tried to run the line Matt posted in phpMyAdmin with no success lol.
That's because that line is PHP code that generates a query. The actual query you would need to run is:

ALTER TABLE mybb_forums ADD COLUMN allowvideocode INT(1) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER allowimgcode

Replace the "mybb_" part with whatever your table prefix is.
Honestly thank you so much, you and Matt both. Fixed my problem and honestly, I never intended to disobey what the staff said about going from beta > Gold, I was just irresponsible and didn't read it. :/

Thanks thanks and thanks. You should post that as an official way to fix the problem imo.
You're welcome, but remember that isn't guaranteed to fix all issues you may encounter with that particular transition. I wish you the best of luck.