MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Incremental Database Backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this would be a very advanced and sophisticated feature to implement. But this will be very helpful for big board owners.

The idea is that :-
Backup of only the added items to the database. Something similar to the backup of windows 2008 server, if any of mybb team member is experienced with it, you will understand exactly what this feature is.

We should have 2 backup options :-
1) Full database backup: i guess everyone understands what this is.
2) Incremental Backup: Backup of only added items of the database from a specified date or last complete backup. And if possible a database merger, so that we can merge the additions to the complete table.
I wrote a plugin that would do this a really long time back - Not sure what I did with it :s
(2010-08-14, 08:38 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]I wrote a plugin that would do this a really long time back - Not sure what I did with it :s
then give yourself some time in finishing it and sharing with us Angel

It would be nice plugins, Ryan Wink

Temporary, I've been using for last 2 years. Perform full backup from 3rd party program.
It tooks around 5 minutes to backup 1.3 million posts (1.3GB file from 2.4 millions records) compressed into 300MB fully backup data.

[attachment=19347] [attachment=19348]