MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply box give me an hieroglyphs while posting in Russian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've install fresh version of version 1.6 and faced quite strange bug (definitely not feature Cool) My test forum in in Russian lang, after making post reply with Quick Reply box my message looks like a weird hieroglyphs

[attachment=19351] [attachment=19352]

After F5 it become OK. "Normal" reply is OK.

At the same time, this forum (I guess it under 1.6 right now??) did not have the mentioned issue. Thus, I believe, I's some thing wrong on my side. I've use Improved MySQL install, collate is utg_general_ci

URL is nonofollow.org.ru login/password is "tester"
The forum is installed with UTF-8 codification?
Yes, it is. I figure out that problem is in AJAX itself, after disabling the XMLHttpRequest feature it works nice, but not so "quick" Smile

I not sure, but may be that script sent data to browser in encoding different than utf8 (e.g. in Latin-1)...
If here works in your forum also have to work... :l
Maybe anyone know what is the problem Wink
Does somebody have any suggestion?
Yes the problem is with AJAX. But not sure, coz on this forum works fine.
2 nirvana: Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately there is no such file jquery.js which you have mentioned on your PM. I have look thought all .js files in jscripts folder and noticed that Quick reply function is inside thread.js. There are nothing about encoding inside.

I change encoding of mentioned files in the jscripts folder to UTF8 without BOM and upload them to host, but this does not help...

2 developers: Guys how did you fix it on your mybb install? I guess you run this forum under 1.6?

Thank you in advance!
May be problem is with server configuration (Apache).

Try to add a line to your .htaccess file:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

Or contact the server administrator.