MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quote this message in reply does not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[attachment=19354]I am running MYBB 1.4, and everything is working perfectly, except that I cannot get the "Quote this message in reply" function to work. When this is used, the reply shows the quote tags and other associated code, but does not actually quote the post properly.

A sample screen shot is attached (in Preview mode, but it works the same if in Preview or actually posted).

I appreciate any thoughts and help with this.
prob just a glitch
No idea. But try manually if this works during posting.

[quote][/quote]
(2010-08-15, 06:36 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]No idea. But try manually if this works during posting.

[quote][/quote]

Hey, that worked! I removed everything after the initial "quote" (PID, dateline), and it worked as expected.

So that said, what might be wrong with the other information that follows "quote"?
Does this happen in all forums?

Can you provide a URL and test account? Smile

Try reuploading your javascript files (/jscripts folder).

Also if you goto Templates & Style --> Templates --> Find Updated Templates what does it list?
(2010-08-15, 01:20 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Does this happen in all forums?

Can you provide a URL and test account? Smile

Yes, it happens in all forums.

URL: http://nhskyriders.com/forum
Username: testguy
Password: testguy123
Looks like you have MyCode turned off. Quotes won't work unless that's turned on.
(2010-08-15, 04:56 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like you have MyCode turned off. Quotes won't work unless that's turned on.

Okay, really dumb question: where do I turn that on? I'm in the admin control panel, but don't readily see that option.

Thanks!
[attachment=19375]
(2010-08-15, 03:27 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Try reuploading your javascript files (/jscripts folder).

Also if you goto Templates & Style --> Templates --> Find Updated Templates what does it list?

Here's a screenshot of the templates listed...
Right it will be the MyCodes then Toungue

ACP --> Configuration --> Settings --> Clickable MyCode Editor --> Set to On.
Pages: 1 2