MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What do you think of this laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've been looking at upgrading to a new laptop, mainly for Windows 7 and increased speed, from my current laptop.

So here's the deal - there's pretty much nothing wrong with my current laptop (other than the trackpad not working), but I'd like to buy a new computer simply for enhanced performance. I'll be selling my current one so that's no big deal. Here's what I have now:

Current PC Specs:
- 17" Compaq Presario A900 Laptop
- Pentium Dual-Core T2390 @ 1.86GHz
- 3GB DDR2 RAM
- 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium
- 160GB HDD

I haven't really looked at other laptops, but this one caught my eye since it's only $400 and looks to be a decent amount quicker (based on OS, RAM [being DDR3] and Processor):

HP Pavilion 15.6" AMD Athlon II Dual-Core P320 Laptop

What I'm more interested in is whether or not this would be worth the investment in terms of performance increase - how much faster is this than my current?

I'm open to suggestions but I'll be sticking to local stores (basically only FutureShop lol) for this purchase, so essentially anything on the site above is fine. Price range-wise, I'll go up to $600 - $650 tops. Size-wise, anything 15" or bigger (I'll be using the laptop's display so it has to be large enough for comfortable use).

Anyways, I don't expect anyone to hunt anything down for me, but if you can give me some feedback on what to look for that'd be great Big Grin
The laptop I have has 500 GB HDD, 4GB RAM, Webcam, 15.6"' screen and only cost me $349 at Best Buy. (Minus tax of course.)

Edit: Just to clarify, it was an open box item. Still it was in great shape with all the plastics still intact.
Waaaaaaaaaaay to bad you don't live near me, my suppliers have laptop sales right now. (For back to school). Oh well. I'll see if Canada Computers has anything, they re decent and fairly cheap.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_i..._id=031987

Lol, frontpage, they are joining in on the deals.
My advice is go with HP or Acer. Out of all of the laptops I've owned those are the only 2 that are worth investing in. I've had my current HP (2133 Mini Note) for over 2 years now and the only reason I would consider a new one is because of the lack of Linux support for my current CPU.
(2010-08-15, 04:01 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]My advice is go with HP or Acer. Out of all of the laptops I've owned those are the only 2 that are worth investing in. I've had my current HP (2133 Mini Note) for over 2 years now and the only reason I would consider a new one is because of the lack of Linux support for my current CPU.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_i..._id=031989

Big Grin
(2010-08-15, 03:43 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ](For back to school)

My dad did bring this up, so I'll most likely hold tight I guess until there are some awsm deals.

(2010-08-15, 04:01 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]My advice is go with HP or Acer. Out of all of the laptops I've owned those are the only 2 that are worth investing in.

Yep, pretty much what I was thinking. I've only owned one laptop so far, and the fact that it was cheap is a plus. This Compaq (division of HP) has been amazing.
Dude if you wait for future shop to lower your prices your not gonna get a new one. The acer i linked to is fairly cheap a good. Though small screen
(2010-08-15, 04:47 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]This Compaq (division of HP) has been amazing.
I can say same my HP Compaq 6735s laptop.

Dell is the best all times(I believe) Wink
(2010-08-15, 07:39 AM)Leon.P Wrote: [ -> ]Dell is the best all times(I believe) Wink

I've never seen a dell last well. But, I've never owned one myself so it may be the user Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4