MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Email - Solutions Reviewed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
all,

I have done my research on this and I'm not sure what my next step to fix this should be. Here is what I have tried so far:

*i have mybb ver 1.6
*PHP mail DOES work with my host (tested through the WIKI article)
*tried registering with a gmail and yahoo account both and did not get the email
*used a FROM line with the mail() function

I have read about 10 posts that people posted here in the past and I've exausted all those options. The only thing I haven't done is try the SMTP option on the board settings. If that doesn't work, am I left with contacting the host company? thanks!
Some email hosts like to block standard php mail email so sometimes smtp is easier. Give it a try and let us know the results.
(2010-08-15, 08:57 AM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Some email hosts like to block standard php mail email so sometimes smtp is easier. Give it a try and let us know the results.

hello there. SMTP did not work when I used it with gmail, via the instructions in thisi thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-64464-p...#pid462754

I did not however do the last step, which is:
Quote:Please make sure to open your php.ini file, now uncomment the
;extension=php_openssl.dll.
extension=php_openssl.dll

I do not know how to do this. any suggestions? how can a .ini file be modified if it is always generated at compile time?
You need to contact your host to ask them to enable openssl in your PHP config.
polar bear, does this screenshot of my mail sending log make any sense to you? the PHP method I tried doesn't give a good error information but the SMTP error is more comprehensive. can you make anything of this stuff? they are all activation emails that were sent. all of them errored out.

[Image: maillog.jpg]