MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to Add Plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey i Just made a Mybb But i do not know how to put plugins.i heard that i should have ftp account then i have to make a plugin folder.....then what i have to do..how to connect my forum with the ftp
Your web hosting provider will provide you with the FTP info. It usually has same username and password as your hosting account. Also your can use the online FTP in your control panel of your host.

Download and extract the plugin file in your PC. Upload the files keeping the directory structure. Every plugin file will have a readme.txt which you can use to find instructions. Note that some plugins will need some manual code change which would be clearly mentioned in the readme.txt file.

Once you have done this, just login to ACP of MyBB, goto plugins, find your plugin in the list and click activate or install and activate.
(2010-08-15, 04:15 AM)Azeem Wrote: [ -> ]Hey i Just made a Mybb But i do not know how to put plugins.i heard that i should have ftp account then i have to make a plugin folder.....then what i have to do..how to connect my forum with the ftp

You don't have to create a plugin folder. It is already inside the inc folder.