MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Parse Error during upgrade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just uploaded the new 1.6 files for upgrading my account. When I went to the upgrade.php file I got this error

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /homepages/17/d134637956/htdocs/NEOFurs/forums/inc/class_core.php on line 18"

I've tried re-uploading the inc folder and the class_core.php file but have had no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Are you actually overwriting class_core.php ??
The error would go away if you were overwriting.
Yes, I'm completely replacing it. I have manually deleted it then reuploaded even to be sure and I still continue to get this error.
What PHP version are you running? It needs to be 5.1 at least.
Ah, that wold possibly be it then. I just looked and these particular forums are running on 4.0. I know I have other forums that are running 5.0 will this be an issues with them as well since they are not 5.1?
For 1.4 it requires 4.3.11 and onward.
For 1.6 it requires 5.1.0 and onward.

Ask your host to upgrade is probably best, especially since 5.2.14/5.3.3 is the latest release.
Ok, thank you very much. I've gotten the forums upgraded since my last post and it has fixed the problems. Thank you very much for the help.
(2010-08-15, 11:05 PM)Taben Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thank you very much. I've gotten the forums upgraded since my last post and it has fixed the problems. Thank you very much for the help.

I've gotten this same error and I'm not exactly sure how to check what php my host is running. Could somebody maybe pm me and help? I don't want to be a pest on the board but I really am having a difficult time trying to get my forum up and running. Thanks in advance for any help Smile
(2010-08-20, 03:16 AM)mia2112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-15, 11:05 PM)Taben Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thank you very much. I've gotten the forums upgraded since my last post and it has fixed the problems. Thank you very much for the help.

I've gotten this same error and I'm not exactly sure how to check what php my host is running. Could somebody maybe pm me and help? I don't want to be a pest on the board but I really am having a difficult time trying to get my forum up and running. Thanks in advance for any help Smile

You can upload and run the attached script. To run it, browse to it.
For example, http://yoursite.com/phpinfo.php

Usually you can also find this info, and a way to switch between php4 and php5 in your site's control panel as well. Not your MyBB CP, your Site CP. The software used on some sites is cPanel, but there are many different softwares for the site cp.
(2010-08-20, 03:37 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-20, 03:16 AM)mia2112 Wrote: [ -> ]

You can upload and run the attached script. To run it, browse to it.
For example, http://yoursite.com/phpinfo.php

Usually you can also find this info, and a way to switch between php4 and php5 in your site's control panel as well. Not your MyBB CP, your Site CP. The software used on some sites is cPanel, but there are many different softwares for the site cp.

Yeah, mine says PHP Version 4.4.9 Sad

I am with 1&1 and I just switched my package over to Linux and I'm hoping I can resolve this. I can't find a way to switch versions in there now to save my life (if I even can)...

Thank you so very much for your help! Double thanks for the fast response also. I really appreciate it Smile