MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gamerz Fury - We're passionate about gaming!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a long time Gamerz Fury is ready for the showcase forum Big Grin

Gamerz Fury - We're passionate about gaming!
Powered by MyBB 1.6

Board name: Gamerz Fury
Board description: An online community for anyone interested in video games. We have a shoutbox, profile comments, and most of the good popular plugins for MyBB. Here you can talk about consoles and of course, video games. There is a chance we will be adding an arcade in the future, so keep checking back! Wink
My username on the board: xTerminate
Board URL: Gamerz Fury

Please reply using the template specified in the new showcase guidelines Smile
Good luck on your forum. However, as a new forum, I feel you have a little too many boards. May I suggest you try condensing them? For example, Wii and PSP can be condensed into their own respective forums, rather than entire categories. As you get more activity, you can branch out and make categories as needed.

Less boards gives your forum a cleaner and more active look.
Thanks for the input Big Grin
We're not exactly new as such. We're about 2 months old, but just a bit low on activity. I'm not too keen on the idea of condensing an entire category into one forum, but I might merge some categories in the future, such as Wii & NDS, and PS3 & 360. Does that sound any better? Smile
I think, you could make one gaming category and have a forum for each console type (PC, Wii, PS3, etc)

Get rid of that shoutbox, most likely the reason you have no activity.

Have you tried sending out a mass mail to your members telling them of the changes and the inactivity?
(2010-08-15, 07:41 PM)xTerminate Wrote: [ -> ]but I merge some categories in the future, such as Wii & NDS, and PS3 & 360. Does that sound any better? Smile
Actually no. Wii and DS are two different types of gaming consoles, and PS3 and 360 aren't even the same company let alone console. Those you should keep separate, but I think that's the extent of separation there should be between forums.
(2010-08-15, 07:49 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-15, 07:41 PM)xTerminate Wrote: [ -> ]But I might merge some categories in the future, such as Wii & NDS, and PS3 & 360. Does that sound any better? Smile
Actually no. Wii and DS are two different types of gaming consoles, and PS3 and 360 aren't even the same company let alone console. Those you should keep separate, but I think that's the extent of separation there should be between forums.

Hmm.. I see what you mean. Many other gaming forums I've worked on seemed to get away with that though Undecided

(2010-08-15, 07:45 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Get rid of that shoutbox, most likely the reason you have no activity.

Disabled Wink I might just keep an IRC channel though for the future Smile

(2010-08-15, 07:45 PM)Gaara Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried sending out a mass mail to your members telling them of the changes and the inactivity?

I only really began the major changes a few hours ago. Will do though.

EDIT:
Mass mail sent out Wink
Ohai xTer, it be Chef, the resident super mod and banner of bots! It's kind of annoying when I'm the major poster there as of late, really not much going on.
(2010-08-30, 10:22 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Ohai xTer, it be Chef, the resident super mod and banner of bots! It's kind of annoying when I'm the major poster there as of late, really not much going on.

Yepp, I kinda noticed that too Undecided School keeps me busy with homework (And this year is the 2nd most important out of the 6 Confused), so I don't have much time to post. I just need something to get the ball rolling though.. I have the new admin (Psyko) helping out a bit here and there, so overall there's been a nice improvement in the forums over the last few weeks.
I've been updating my thread there a lot more since we started playing again, but nobody has taken the time to post what they think of events, or really post at all. I haven't seen Kiwi or Psyko in a while, either.
Things have actually been a bit slow. I think we need to span out a bit, and not stick to the same threads all the time. Otherwise the forums won't actually fill up.