MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Very Slow Mass Mailing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a problem I've had since I converted to MyBB a couple years ago that has finally annoyed me to the point I need some help.

My mass mailing is VERY VERY slow. I started sending out a mass mailing 7/31 and as of 8/15 it's only at 74%. I don't know what it is or what to do. Also I have found that if I leave the settings to 50 per page members get 20+ emails so every time I mass mail I have to set it to a lower number like 2 in order to make sure they only get one email from the forum. I've actually had my website locked because they thought we were spamming people! I just (within the week) got threatened with another lock when I kept the default mail features and everyone got 20+.

I feel like these two things are related which is why I brought them both up here. I think the mass mailing is so slow because I have to set it to a low number per page but if I leave it alone everyone gets a lot of the same message. On a forum with over 1500 members 20+ for everyone is a very bad thing.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
It runs the per page setting every time it runs the Mass Mail task which is by default every 20 mins or so. So if you want you can set it to run every 10 minutes or something which will run 2 emails every 10 minutes.

Why your members are getting duplicates of emails I'm not quite sure.
I think there's something wrong with your Mail settings for members to be receiving duplicates. Can you post a screenshot of your mail settings?
Quote:I think there's something wrong with your Mail settings for members to be receiving duplicates. Can you post a screenshot of your mail settings?

Which page would you be wanting? The one where I type in the email?

Also I just upgraded to 1.6.0 and lowered the time that mails get sent out, this will probably help me out with some of the problem. Smile
(2010-08-16, 06:27 PM)hidenseek Wrote: [ -> ]Which page would you be wanting? The one where I type in the email?

No no. The configuration settings for mail, ACP>Configuration>Settings>Mail Settings or similar.