MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Small glitches with MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I noticed 2 small problemes with the new BB v1.6, juste want to report (if I can fix that any suggestion is welcome):

- the name of users connected, shown at the bottom of the forum, are no more separated by a space, they're like "stick" together. For example: JohnJackArthur... without separation.

- the new "video button" in the edit bar does not display the name of the video server (youtube, metacafe, googlevideo, etc.). There is only blank line!

Thanks for any suggestion or further fix.
Is this a new install or did you upgrade from 1.4?
(2010-08-15, 05:21 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Is this a new install or did you upgrade from 1.4?
It's an upgrade from the latest 1.4.x version.

For info, I usually never touch the templates, I am not familiar enough with that, but in case I reverted all of them to original; the only tweak made on previous 1.4 was concerning the position of forum avatars, I changed them so they are displayed on the left of the message, like on most forum, and not at the top of the message. After the BB upgrade and reverting all template to original, the position of avatar did not change yet.
Make sure you've uploaded all the new files properly. It sounds like you've not updated your language files, that would cause both of these issues, do you have a language other than English installed??
(2010-08-15, 05:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you've uploaded all the new files properly. It sounds like you've not updated your language files, that would cause both of these issues, do you have a language other than English installed??
I am using French language, which seems to be included in the default version of MyBB, not right? How should I update language files then?
MyBB only comes with English... the French language pack hasn't been updated to 1.6 yet, you could ask in the Internationalization forum if the translator who wrote it has any plans to update it.
(2010-08-15, 06:12 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB only comes with English... the French language pack hasn't been updated to 1.6 yet, you could ask in the Internationalization forum if the translator who wrote it has any plans to update it.
Ok! I undestand! But strangely, as far as I remember, I've never used any language pack for MyBB 1.4 (or my memory...).

BTW, are there many files to update or just a few ones? Can it be done easily? And where to find the 1.4 French language pack ?

Thank you for your kind support.
You can always make your own translation using the inc/languages/english files from the MyBB 1.6 download. I'm not 100% sure what else is involved, but I'm sure someone else can fill that in. I've not messed with the lang packs yet Big Grin
Something strange: If I did not installed any language pack yet, why MyBB 1.6 forum is already in French?

May be I did not install properly all the files from 1.6? Can I safely overwrite them once again as a new upgrade "from 1.6 to 1.6" ? Or how to switch the forum language from French (v.1.4) to English (1.6) ?
If your forum is in French, then you've probably added a language pack. Go to ACP -> Configuration -> Languages (left menu) to review these.

Your default language is in the settings (under General Configuration). You just need to go into this setting and change it to 'switch' globally. To test and make sure that these problem is with the french language pack, go to your User CP options and change the language to english there.
Pages: 1 2